As an Advisor, you’ll make MEC a great place to visit. You’ll give exceptional member
service by matching people with gear that suits their needs, and you’ll share your real world experience about products. You’ll help in other ways too, like visual merchandising
or lending a hand to other staffers, and you’ll also have a chance to grow and try new
things. If you love the outdoors, learning about gear and connecting with people, this is
the role for you.
What a day in the life looks like:
• Chat with members about products and connect them with what they’re looking for.
• Ask open-ended questions to understand members’ needs.
• Share product knowledge and industry-leading advice on gear, including your
• Be part of a team of staffers who takes pride in keeping the store in tip-top shape.
• Help behind the scenes to organize inventory and get members the products they
• Spread the word about MEC events and services.
• Learn about new products, technology and features (including sustainability).
• Above all, help more people in Canada get active outside, whether that means
planning for a family camping trip or a massive backcountry expedition.
You might be who we’re looking for if:
• You like working with a diverse, inclusive, hands-on, collaborative team.
• You’re passionate about the outdoors. Product knowledge in camping, cycling, packs
or any other outdoor activity is a great asset.
• You want to connect people with quality products to encourage active outdoor lives.
• You’re a “can do” person who likes to learn new things.
• Your skill set includes personal integrity and awareness, customer focus, initiative and
character, teamwork and the ability to develop yourself and others.
• You have a good natured, outgoing welcoming vibe and genuinely like helping
• Customer service is not just your skill, it’s your mindset. You’ll go out of your way to
provide an excellent member experience.
• You can lift 50 lb. and walk 10,000 steps per day.
• Previous retail or customer service experience is a plus, not a must.
• You’re curious about gear and want to learn more – we’ll provide training to build
• Fully open availability to work Saturdays and Sundays.
• Bonus points if you’re also available to work a variety of shifts between Monday and
Friday, 7:00am and 9:00pm.